Monday, July 19, 2010

The gratitude garden- Thank you for the small stuff

This month the focus of my IntenSati series has been Acceptance. One of the things I have been teaching in class is that in order to move from judgment to acceptance we must focus on gratitude. The expression of gratitude always lifts our spirits and shifts us from whining and complaining, to...well...appreciation.

Sometimes I get wrapped up in how "big" the gratitude must be, but was gently reminded tonight when I read my mom's post that something so small as appreciation for warm, running water after a weekend of camping, can shift your perspective.

I tried this. I was exhausted when I arrived home tonight, easy to complain of my long day, my achy body, so on and so forth.

My hubby cleaned the house tonight.
My hubby got my chicken cooking on the grill so I could eat as soon as I got home.
My hubby watered the garden for me so that I could eat without rushing.

And appreciation is overflowing, so much so that I have the energy to share this.

Thank you Matt, I love you, you are awesome!


Who does not thank for little will not thank for much. ~Estonian Proverb

Share it all the big and the small, happier you will be, just you see.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for coming over to my blog and leaving such a nice comment! You will win sister-in-law of the year-no problem :)

    Good luck with your upcoming fight. I really can't imagine watching my sweet little lisa throw punches.

    Take care and give that thoughtful husband a hug from all of us! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hug given! We miss you and can't wait to come out and visit.

    ReplyDelete