Monday, November 15, 2010

Every life is a blessing

It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up -- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


When is your last day? You will never know but perhaps a reminder that life is truly short, is a life you loved, lost to you. My cousin John died today. Our lives our limited, what we share with the world while we are here is our greatest opportunity. And my most beautiful memory is of pictures my Aunt shared with me while John was in Yoga training. Pictures of him bending and stretching like a true yogi. And so he was. My deepest dedication to him would be 'NAMASTE'. Even in his passing the light in me recognizes the light that lives within him and I am grateful for this deep, if even painful reminder; life is precious and not to be taken for gran-tide.

Thank you John, Your life was a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear this, Lisa. Please accept my sympathy. You have written a beautiful tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete