Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bearly making it

If I was a bear then I could hole up for the winter, do nothing but sleep, go to the bathroom, eat, and watch TV (you know bears love TV) then come back to life in the the spring.

I have definitely entered the winter funk. It lasts somewhere between 1-3 weeks. From the beginning of the cold, into the desire for it to end, and then finally out of it when I accept reality; that we are going to be here for a good 3-4 months and I don't want to stay depressed that long.

Eventually I will make my way out on my x-country skis and fall in love with winter again. I will get into the spirit of the season and be excited about this time of incubation when one allows their ideas and inspirations to grow, spend time cultivating them and then nurturing the fruition of all their thoughts and dreams to manifest for a new year.

For now I am grumpy about the delayed traffic due to terrible snow storms last week and accumulated snow, the minus zero temps, the late sunrises and early sunsets, and the general chill I feel all over my body when I go outdoors.

I am scrooge, and my only cure is to turn on the music and dance! Really. This is my go-to for a better feeling; dance party. Even if it is only for 5 seconds. Let's do it right now, MTV 5 second dance party. The song is below. Turn it on for a feel good opportunity, dance around the room and get at least a little bit of winter blues relief, a little is more than nothing and more than enough! Dog days are over whenever you decide to dance!

Dog Days are over
Dance, even if you have to warn others to get out of the way first.

No comments:

Post a Comment